Projects / EDU-ROM. Promoting the access of Roma to LLP, VET and employment through family education in primary schools
EDU-ROM. Promoting the access of Roma to LLP, VET and employment through family education in primary schools. (2013-2015) The Project’s main aim is to promote the acquisition of key competences in Roma community to widen access to LLP and VET in order to improve their social and labor inclusion. Accessing this education through a near approach (their children’s school), we can achieve real change, getting Roma to access adult education
The Project’s aim is wide the access of Roma community to LLP, VET and employment through the acquisition of key competences and impact in at the same time in the Roma children academic success.
- To improve skills in Roma families creating adult learning spaces in the primary schools facilities
- To encourage the non-formal and informal learning validation of Roma to facilitate their access to LLP, VET and employment.
- To work against school failure and early school leavers in Roma community, bringing primary schools and Roma families closer to each other and promoting the participation in school of families and all the community.
- To create referents of success of family education and Roma school participation for other countries
The project will be implemented in:
- Spain (Romani Association of Women Drom Kotar Mestipen)
- Ireland (Pavee Point Travellers and Roma Centre)
- Czech Republic (NGO Slovo 21)
- Greece (Roma Women Association of Drosero Elpida)
- Bulgaria (Center Amalipe)
- Romania (Roma Women Association For our children)